Solar Inverter Repairs Or Replacement
Look here if you need Solar inverter repairs in Brisbane! Or maybe it is a replacement of your solar inverter that is what you need but you don’t know who to call? When you are ready, we can help out with a lot of brands, Aurora as well! We can check your PV setup as in fact, it may not need to be fixed. If it’s not, we can say what a solar inverter replacement cost will be and when it can be done. So if you are in Brisbane then give us a call. Maybe you saw your power bill was a lot more than it should be? If yes, then we may be able to help you!
Table of contents
- Inverter Repairs On The Blink?
- Some Basic Troubleshooting
- So Your Inverter Has Failed - Here are a few things to consider:
- Solar Inverter Repairs in Brisbane?
- solar inverter replacement - How much does it cost?
- Replacement solar inverter cost
- Is It Time to Replace Your Solar Inverter? Signs to Watch Out For
- Sometimes A New System Is Even Better.
solar inverter replacement cost
Inverter Repairs On The Blink?
Can we fix it?Maybe you saw your power bill was a lot more than it should be? If so, we may be able to help you! If the cause is only a minor plug or a part, then the price can be under $100. OK, that sounds good, so can it be fixed? The answer is, sometimes. To find parts for some older models can be hard so at times a new unit is the only way. Sadly, this is true in fact for many that are out of warranty.
The price can add up on those sent to the workshop while the cover you get is not long. In each case it may not be the same, so just get in touch and we will contact you ASAP. We can give you a report for your insurer too, so you can make a claim. It might be that your unit is still under warranty. We will help you free of charge to work out if it is and so what to do about it.
Some Basic Troubleshooting
Let’s run through this checklist first, just in case you can ‘fix’ it yourself:-
So Your Inverter Has Failed - Here are a few things to consider:
Keeping Your Feed-In Tariff
If you have a special feed in tariff, then using the wrong unit might void it. Your power retailer in fact will have a reason to end the deal. If you have a larger system hooked up like this, then you might want to retain it. That's if in fact it is worth it. These deals were common at that time when PV kits were quite small. It might have been good once, but as power prices have gone up, the worth of these units has dipped. Also home use has often gone up too. In these cases, it may not be worth a replacement, but to swap out the lot. With the price of solar dropping, you can in fact, can get quite a big rig for less.
Solar Inverter Repairs in Brisbane?
This is where you need to take care in order to work out to fix the unit or not. Some well known firms promote low price Solar inverter repairs which at the same time can make sense. But are not worth it, even though the price to fix some is low, other costs and risks add up. It’s costly to have a sparky come to you twice, to take it away, then put it back again. In some cases you also need to pack it up and send it to the work shop. So if you do send it to the work shop you wont get much cover if it acts up again.
Limited Warranty On Inverter Repairs
So you decided to go ahead with your solar inverter repairs, but keep in mind that even the best only give you a 3 month guarantee on their work. As a result, everyone knows, given the price and hassle, this is simply not long enough to be any good. If these firms are so confident in their work, why don't they give you proper cover? Do you want to risk going through it all again, with what is likely old tech, AND also paying double? So as you can see, fixing the unit is not worth the effort.
solar inverter replacement - How much does it cost?
When repairing your inverter is not an option - is fresh better?
A new warranty would be. If you decided not to repair your inverter and change out the unit instead, it will have a new cover, that comes with peace of mind. If you think you may be in the home for more than 5 years, maybe get a longer warranty. You can extend your cover for 5 years for not that much. If you still want to try your luck on a ‘fix’, then give it a go. But there is the risk you could be wasting your money, and that is quite the case with older units - A Fresh System Is Even Better.
Replacement solar inverter cost
Types of Solar Inverters and Their Cost RangesWhen it comes to replacement solar inverters, there are several types available
in the market. Each type has its unique features, capabilities, and price range. Understanding the different options will enable you to choose the right type of inverter that suits your specific needs and budget. Let's explore the most common types of solar inverters and their corresponding cost ranges.
- String Inverters: String inverters are the most commonly used type of solar inverters. They are cost-effective and suitable for residential and small commercial installations. String inverters operate by converting the DC power generated by multiple solar panels connected in series into AC power. The cost of a replacement string inverter typically ranges from $1,000 to $3,000, depending on the brand and capacity. However, it's important to consider the efficiency and reliability of the inverter, as the cheapest option may not always be the best long-term investment.
- Microinverters: Microinverters are a newer technology that offers several advantages over string inverters. Instead of converting the power from multiple panels, microinverters are installed on each individual panel, allowing for independent power optimization and better performance in shaded areas. The cost of a replacement microinverter is generally higher than that of a string inverter, ranging from $1,200 to $4,000. However, the increased efficiency and flexibility of microinverters can often justify the higher upfront cost.
- Power Optimizers: Power optimizers are another alternative to traditional string inverters. They work by optimizing the power output of each individual solar panel, similar to microinverters. Power optimizers are typically installed at the back of each panel and then connected to a central inverter. While they offer similar benefits to microinverters, power optimizers are generally more affordable, with replacement costs ranging from $800 to $2,500.
Hybrid Inverters: Hybrid inverters are designed to work with both solar panels and energy storage systems, such as batteries. They allow you to store excess solar energy for later use or during power outages. Hybrid inverters are ideal for those looking to maximize their energy independence and reduce reliance on the grid. The cost of a replacement hybrid inverter varies depending on the brand and capacity, typically ranging from $2,000 to $6,000.
Now that we have explored the different types of solar inverters and their cost ranges, let's move on to other factors that can influence replacement solar inverter costs in Australia.
Is It Time to Replace Your Solar Inverter? Signs to Watch Out For
Are you experiencing issues with your solar inverter? Before rushing to replace it, it's essential to consider a few key factors. This article will discuss what you need to know when selecting a new solar inverter.
One of the crucial factors to consider is the type of inverter. Three main types are string inverters, microinverters, and power optimisers. They all carry advantages and disadvantages, so it's essential to understand which type will work best for your specific solar system.
Another factor to consider is the power rating. You'll need to ensure the replacement inverter has the same or higher power rating as your current one. Investing in a higher-rated inverter can provide better performance and future-proof your system.
In addition, compatibility is critical. Make sure the new inverter is compatible with your existing solar panels and battery system, if applicable. When purchasing a product, remember to consider the warranty and the quality of the after-sales support provided by the manufacturer. It's an essential aspect that you should consider before making a decision.
By considering these various factors, you can ensure that you are making a well-informed choice regarding the replacement inverter cost.
Opt for the solar inverter replacement that best aligns with your energy requirements, ensuring optimal performance over an extended period.
Sometimes A New System Is Even Better.
So why get a whole new system, when I can just get a replacement for my solar inverter?
In the long run, swapping an old kit for a new one can be better. This is because the installed price of a new system is a third to half of a new one. Also, a lot of older setups are 2 kW or less, so it is wise not to spend more on them. A modern home PV kit is now 6 kW and will give a much higher return. This will save you real money, isn't that why we get solar in the first place? At the start, if you do it this way, the cost will be more, but the risk is less. While the other good thing is there is someone you can call to fix it. Get in touch so we can advise you as to which way might suit you best.